none
Find RTF top margin

Question

• Hi, I am working on RTF documents and its properties. The issue I am facing right now is w.r.t. the top Margin tag \margtN. Bottom, Left & Right margin works fine. For Eq. if the left margin attribute is margl1040 & if i change that to 100 twips, i can see the left margin going towards the left side of the page.But If I change the top margin attribute margt1440 to even 0 or 250 or 2000, it stays there. Though the top margin started showing some changes when i changed the value to 3000. Could you please help me finding the right way to calculate the margin from top of the document. P.S: The document does contains the header with 6-7 lines written on it, but I am not aware of the space(twips or mm or inches or pixels) that is being used by the header. Thanks in advance.

Monday, September 30, 2013 6:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I'm not so clear about your issue, how do you use that RTF document? What is the relationship between your RTM documents and winform apps?

Please share us more details so that we can reproduce this issue first.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:52 AM
  • Hi Barry,

The query is not related to winform apps. Its a general query w.r.t the RTF document. If this is not the correct forum to ask my query, could you please help me with the right point of contact for this query.

Regards,

Sagar

Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:33 AM
  • HI Sagar,

I'm not so sure, I'll help you move this case to "Where is the forum for" so that other members may give you a direction.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 7, 2013 2:34 AM
  • Depending on the technology involved maybe ask them over here.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?category=windowsdesktopdev

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:35 AM
  • What did you use to test the margins? Wordpad? Microsoft Word?

Visual C++ MVP

Monday, October 14, 2013 11:02 PM