Procedure for starting writing functional testing in windows 8 merto mobile application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can any one help me to write the automation functional testing

in windows 8 metro mobile applications.can any one please

give some step by step procedures to start with windows 8

metro.

regards

Bikash

Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Bikash,

Update for this issue:

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue, the Windows Phone platform functional testing should use different framework than desktop or web, so if it is the Wndows Phone application, as far as I know, it doesn’t support the coded UI test. The windows 8 style app would support it.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Bikash,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Not the windows 8 metro mobile applications expert, but if we want to use the functional testing Automation with Visual Studio 2010 or VS2012, we often use the coded UI test, if you are using the VS2010, cisg shared us a blog about How To: Functional Testing Automation Using Visual Studio 2010, if possible, you could check it.

First you would create an app which you want to test, and then do the following steps.

• Right-click the solution in solution explorer, click Add and then select New Project. The Add New Project dialog box appears.
      • In the Installed Templates pane, expand Visual C#, and then select Test.
      • In the middle pane, select the Test Project template.
      • Click OK. In Solution Explorer, the new test project named TestProject1 is added to your solution and the UnitTest1.cs file appears in the Code Editor. You can close the UnitTest1.cs file because it is not used in this walkthrough.
      • In Solution Explorer, right-click TestProject1, click Add and then select Coded UI test. The Generate Code for Coded UI Test dialog box appears.
      • Select the Record actions, edit UI map or add assertions option and click OK.

For detailed information, see “Walkthrough: Creating, Editing and Maintaining a Coded UI Test

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Friday, September 21, 2012 6:45 AM
  • Hi Bikash,

Update for this issue:

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue, the Windows Phone platform functional testing should use different framework than desktop or web, so if it is the Wndows Phone application, as far as I know, it doesn’t support the coded UI test. The windows 8 style app would support it.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:46 AM