none
Publishing a remote Application with MS Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have a Windows 2012 Server with an accounting package installed. On the same server is MS Outlook and MS Excel installed.

The end user connects to the server through RDWEB and select to run the accounting application. In the accounting application you can select to run a report using MS Excel as the reporting tool. This works fine with no known issues. When we try to email from the application using the MS outlook profile created on the server, it fails. If we use a desktop connection and then try to email it works. If we publish the application and outlook in the same session, it works as well, the issue being that you now have two MS Outlook instances running, the first one that is in use on the users desktop and the second instance created when you publish the application and outlook in the same session.

The question that I have is two fold:

1)  Can I publish the accounting application in such a way that it initiates MS Outlook on the client machine or

2) Can I publish the accounting application with MS Outlook where MS Outlook will be either running as a service waiting to be called or hidden from user view.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

David Schoeman

Friday, May 9, 2014 2:04 AM