none
How to get some attention

Question

• The question is regarding getting the attention of someone regarding the lack of a response by anyone within the DREAMSPARK branch that is the keeper of the products codes. I have been a user of Visual Studio 2013 for over a year. It runs on my Windows seven computer and also on a Windows 10 laptop. The windows 10 install was evidently treated as a trial and lapsed. I do not know whether I have a right to use it under the terms of my legal acquisition of VS2013. I have sent numerous e-mails to contact them for a legitimate product code and have been basically ignored with no response whatsoever. These details are really irrelevant, but the treatment I am receiving is reprehensible, arrogant and unforgivable.  There is no excuse for this policy and I need to get a connection from someone.

eps123

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 5:55 PM

Answers

• First, I am sorry you are having difficulty communicating with Dream Spark. This seems to be a prevalent issue.

As for your VS 2013 problem, you needed to register it on your Win 10 machine within 30 days of installation.

I don't know which edition of VS 2013 you have, but you can avoid dealing with Dream Spark by using the free Community Edition (equivalent to the Professional Edition) of VS 2013 and VS 2015:

https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs

• Marked as answer by eps123 Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:13 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 8:59 PM

All replies

• First, I am sorry you are having difficulty communicating with Dream Spark. This seems to be a prevalent issue.

As for your VS 2013 problem, you needed to register it on your Win 10 machine within 30 days of installation.

I don't know which edition of VS 2013 you have, but you can avoid dealing with Dream Spark by using the free Community Edition (equivalent to the Professional Edition) of VS 2013 and VS 2015:

https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs

• Marked as answer by eps123 Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:13 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 8:59 PM
  • I marked your response as an answer with hesitation.  I am not unappreciative of your response, but what I seek is really some justice, not an excellent work-around of the problem.  I think by your statement that mine is a prevalent issue, you mean that many have encountered this issue before me.  My impression of this is that we are dealing with a maverick branch of Microsoft that is allowed free reign with respect to non-responsiveness and common courtesy toward Microsoft customers. 

Naively, I hope that my disgruntledness (is that a word) reaches the level of the organization that should care about this.

Eli Schneider@leads2012.net

eps123

Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:31 PM
  • Have you tried looking under MSDN for a free key ?

I am with Bizspark and get a number of free keys and downloads.

n.Wright

Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:54 PM
  • I was planning to get back to you to thank you for the download suggestion above which was proceeding

fabulously in its setup phase.  Then it stopped and I was forced into an investigative mode.  Microsoft Support made itself available and we have established a channel of communication.  In my initial description I've already taken the opportunity to state how stupid this effort is when it could be eliminated by providing me a product code for my old software that is presently blocked.

Thank you nonetheless, for your attention and suggested solution.

eps13

eps123

Thursday, December 17, 2015 2:17 PM