none
Security pop up connecting to Hyper-V cluster using WCF RRS feed

• Question

• I am using WCF, when I connect to a standalone machine with blank password, I get an expected exception, however when I connect to  Hyper-V cluster or cluster node with blank password, I get a Windows security pop up window asking for credentials. I want the same behavior like the standalone to get an exception and show an error to the user. What is different with connecting to the cluster/cluster nodes?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When you connect to the Hyper-V cluster or cluster node, then you will get a Windows security pop up window asking for credentials, because all the computers in the cluster node have their own windows account, then it will ask for the windows credentials.

If you want to threw exception when using the blank password, myabe you can try to definitely catch and handle all exceptions that happen on your service class and turn them into a FaultException or FaultException exception.

That way, it won't "fault" (or tear down) the communications channel between your client and server.

Even better approach would be to implement the IErrorHandler interface on your service class that provides a way to globally catch all exceptions as they happen and provide a FaultException instead, that's SOAP compliant.

We can even turn your IErrorHandler into a configurable behavior that can be turned on or off in config.

Please try to check these articles and blog posts for more details:

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:08 AM