none
NET Framework 4 Setup failure in Windows7 x64 "The component store has been corrupted. RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Jozef,

Since the disk check tool has detected some partition errors, and the system restore poionts are not available. I would suggest you to try the steps below on my side:

1. You might consider whether you must use the .NET Framework 4.0 now. If it is not so urgent, consider your system can still work, you might choose do not install the .NET Framework 4.0 now.
    2. Or, you could backup your data and perform a reinstall of the system and try again.
    3. If this does not work and you still can find the partition errors, you might need to repartition your hard disk and try again.
    4. If the above still not works, you could post your issue at ITPro Foum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/w7itpro for some suggestions.

I hope you can install the .NET Framework successfully.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Jozef Esser,

Thanks for sending me the e-mail.

I have checked the log files you sent me, and the only error message I find is below:

[2/22/2011, 16:8:0]PerformOperation on exe returned exit code 14098 (translates to HRESULT = 0x3712)

Since the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is installed as a system component in Windows 7. To reinstall/repair the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, you need to go to Control Panel\Programs\Turn Windows features on or off. Then doing the unselect -> OK -> reopen -> select -> OK steps of the checkbox of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.

You can use the standalone installer to install the .NET Framework 4.0: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0a391abd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7

If the installation still fails, would you please follow the steps mentioned in this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931712?

• Run the System File Checker (SFC.exe) tool with the sfc /scannow command
    • Run the System Update Readiness tool (Checksur.exe) (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957310)
    • Perform a repair installation of Windows 7

If above suggestions still not work, please feel free to let me know. And I'll try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Saturday, February 26, 2011 7:06 AM
  • Thank you Mr. Wu for responding

1.      I did an uninstall / install repair attempt of Net Framework 3.5.1 (windows features on/off) without a result

2.      Running Sfc/scannow results in: “windows resource protection did not find any integrity violation”

3.      The system  readinesstool for W7x64 installed without problems (KB947821)

4.      However: using a system (startup option) repair results in: “cannot repair this computer automatically” (partition table repair failed, error code 0x490). Strange because the system recovery found the OS on a partition size of 0 MB and on an unknown location!
    I disabled in device manager all extern devices and did a clean boot via msconfig (and also tried F8 last known good configuration), but the error stays.

I think this error has to do with my raid 0 ssd where the OS is installed (memory test OK).
    Nevertheless, my system is running fine and without problems (except not finishing the NetFramework 4 standalone installer, always the same error: corrupted component store) and did an OK install on the latest W7 service pack1 update.

How should I proceed now?

Thanks’ in advance for your help.

Jozef

• Marked as answer by Jozef Esser Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:42 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jozef Esser Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:43 PM
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 5:44 PM
  • Hi Jozef Esser,

Thanks for posting back.

Since the stsyem repair report errors, you can firstly try to repair the disk errors.

You can follow the steps mentioned in the below articles and try the chkdsk volume:/r in the command prompt.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

Monday, February 28, 2011 3:50 AM
  • Hi Mr. Wu,

chkdsk c:/r did not resolve the error (0x490) about a failing partition table repair reported in system repair (startup option) (no warnings about bad or recovered sectors).

So I downloaded a free partition recovery utility (EASEUS) and it found several lost primary so called EFI sectors (FAT12) and logical NTFS Boot sectors on the AMD 2+0 Stripe RAID0 Disk (SCSI) device (2 ssd's) but would not recover them since it warned that the system would become unbootable (by overwriting  them).  I really think there is nothing wrong with the partition table since the computer is starting and running fine exept for finishing the installation of Net Framework 4.

hoping this information helps

greetings, Jo

Monday, February 28, 2011 8:27 PM
  • Hi Jozef,

Since the disk check tool has detected some partition errors, and the system restore poionts are not available. I would suggest you to try the steps below on my side:

1. You might consider whether you must use the .NET Framework 4.0 now. If it is not so urgent, consider your system can still work, you might choose do not install the .NET Framework 4.0 now.
    2. Or, you could backup your data and perform a reinstall of the system and try again.
    3. If this does not work and you still can find the partition errors, you might need to repartition your hard disk and try again.
    4. If the above still not works, you could post your issue at ITPro Foum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/w7itpro for some suggestions.

I hope you can install the .NET Framework successfully.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:47 AM