BizTalk Stops sometimes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can anyone help, 

I have a process that calls a stored proc and generate flat files.
    On this process I am using an orchestration.

My concern is sometimes the files don't get generated and I can see that the stored proc was called but nothing on BizTalk happened but the same port will work sometimes and sometimes don't work, I was wondering if there is anyone experienced the same issue and how did you get it resolved. 

Regards
    Sibu

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:07 PM

Answers

• Hi MrSibu,

Enable the track MEssage Bodies while enabling tracking.

Few Things to note though:

1) You need to enable the tracking at Biztalk group level

2) You need to have the Tracking Host Instance running and your SQL jobs running perfectly fine

3) Please note to tun of the tracking as soon as you get your issue resolved, because enabling message tracking is not always a good idea as it causes performance issues. If you are doing this on a development box, it is fine but if you are doing it on other environments, I would suggest you to keep your tracking session as minimal as possible.

Instead of using tracking on the receiveport, try this also

Since you are using an Orchestration, try to add some logging to it by reading the data inside the orchestration. But this will work only if you are doing it on a development box and not on testing and Prod environments

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:47 PM
  • Hi,

Like,

others suggested You can get it under tracked messages using admin console and this is how it is going to look.

As of now the only prerequisite shall be turning on tracking, if it is production then there may be certain restrictions around it. Best of luck and let me know

Regards Pushpendra K Singh

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you see the stored proc was called on SQL side from BizTalk, that rules out an issue with your receive location or host instance. Most likely it could be because the stored proc may not have returned any data, to be on safer side you can turn on tracking on the receive port which is polling SQL using the Stored proc and check at the message payload in the time frame when you think this error may have occurred. It shall give you a definite answer.

• Proposed as answer by SOS 111 Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:53 PM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:22 PM
  • Hi Pushpendra,

Yes stored proc is called on SQL side from BizTalk. The stored proc might have returned data but it should because I flag the data and I can see data has been flagged but nothing returned.  I will turn on Tracking on receive port as per your suggestion, but how to check message payload? 

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:31 PM
  • Hi MrSibu,

Enable the track MEssage Bodies while enabling tracking.

Few Things to note though:

1) You need to enable the tracking at Biztalk group level

2) You need to have the Tracking Host Instance running and your SQL jobs running perfectly fine

3) Please note to tun of the tracking as soon as you get your issue resolved, because enabling message tracking is not always a good idea as it causes performance issues. If you are doing this on a development box, it is fine but if you are doing it on other environments, I would suggest you to keep your tracking session as minimal as possible.

Instead of using tracking on the receiveport, try this also

Since you are using an Orchestration, try to add some logging to it by reading the data inside the orchestration. But this will work only if you are doing it on a development box and not on testing and Prod environments

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:47 PM
  • Open BizTalk Admin console >> Group Hub Page >> Click on  Tracked Message Events >> Set the Receive Port name which is calling the SP and run query > > Once you get the messege in the time frame you need double click (or right click and pick save to file) and under the part you will have it

-

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

Like,

others suggested You can get it under tracked messages using admin console and this is how it is going to look.

As of now the only prerequisite shall be turning on tracking, if it is production then there may be certain restrictions around it. Best of luck and let me know

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:59 PM