none
Failed to delete the SQL elastic pool RRS feed

• Question

I'm trying to delete a SQL elastic pool from my MSDN Azure account (with a fixed amount of credits) but I get the error message below. 

Any ideas why this is failing? Or, is there another way to delete it other than using the delete button in the SQL elastic pools section of the portal?

• DESCRIPTION
      Failed to delete the SQL elastic pool: **********. ErrorCode: 504 ErrorMessage: {"message":"","httpStatusCode":"GatewayTimeout","xMsServerRequestId":null,"stackTrace":null}
    • STATUS
      Error
    • TIME
      Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 11:07:45 AM
    • CORRELATION IDS
      96fb01087e07499a86dc1d1c42fb3e110-9
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 4:13 PM

Answers

• Madrum,

Are you still having issues in deleting an elastic pool? You can also use Azure powershell commandlet to delete an elastic pool.(see here).

One thing to note here: Elastic pool needs to be empty before deletion. i.e. you need to move-out/delete the databases in the pool before deleting the pool itself.

If you are still facing problems after trying this, please reply back and we will look into this further.

thanks

-- srini

Thursday, January 14, 2016 6:02 PM

All replies

• You have to see details of this error!
    Wednesday, December 23, 2015 4:31 PM
  • I'm not sure what you mean. All the details I have are pasted in the original post.

• DESCRIPTION

Failed to delete the SQL elastic pool: **********. ErrorCode: 504 ErrorMessage: {"message":"","httpStatusCode":"GatewayTimeout","xMsServerRequestId":null,"stackTrace":null}
    • STATUS

Error
    • TIME

Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 11:07:45 AM
    • CORRELATION IDS

96fb01087e07499a86dc1d1c42fb3e110-9

Friday, December 25, 2015 5:23 AM
  • Madrum,

Are you still having issues in deleting an elastic pool? You can also use Azure powershell commandlet to delete an elastic pool.(see here).

One thing to note here: Elastic pool needs to be empty before deletion. i.e. you need to move-out/delete the databases in the pool before deleting the pool itself.

If you are still facing problems after trying this, please reply back and we will look into this further.

thanks

-- srini

Thursday, January 14, 2016 6:02 PM