Migrating from JAVA need help in understanding the architecture RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,
       I am a computer science student migrating from java web technologies like jsp and servlets
    i would be very happy if anyone can tell me some differneces to adpat to asp .net technologies

As a java developer I am used to writing a lot of code. But when i started .net i found myself dragging and dropping content mostly and 
    I miss the java API.  It is not very satisfactory to just use the drag and drop. I really want to know the how the controls work underlying.

and I am also confused about the even driven architecture.

Any tips or links to the srticles would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    • Moved by nobugz Monday, July 20, 2009 10:09 PM forums.asp.net (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Monday, July 20, 2009 9:13 PM

All replies

• As you know Java, you have a head start. But, because the languages appear similar in many ways you will probably assume too much. My advice is, buy a good book and start from the beginning. C# 3.0 Unleashed is an excellent book in my opinion, as is Inside C# (Microsoft Press). They are pricey, but you will not be disappointed with your purchase.

[EDIT]

Inside C# does not cover Windows Forms programming, but it delves very deep into how the language works at its core. (It even explains the IL generated by the compiler).
    • Edited by Woohoooo Monday, July 20, 2009 9:58 PM Missing info.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 9:55 PM