how do I expose the existing database as Odatafeed to use them as backend datasource ? RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering how can I expose and consume the existing production database as Odata endpoint connection? 
    I know how to create and deploy newly added tables as odatafeeds but I am not sure ,How could I handle production data as Odatafeed. 
     I am using VS 2013, SQL server 2012. The steps I followed 

1) Using VS 2013 lightswitch I created a simple HTML client c# project and connected

and imported tables from Production database. 

My question is where do I need to deploy them? for example If I deploy this database as other database

are they going update them-self? 
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:57 PM

Answers

• What I want to say is that OData service is automatically created for each data source in your application, with a separate endpoint for each data source. This capability applies not only to the tables that you define in the intrinsic database but also to any attached data source, such as a SQL Server database, a SharePoint list, or even another OData service.

When you deploy your LightSwitch application in a three-tier configuration (either hosting the middle-tier in IIS or Windows Azure) then the service endpoints are exposed. The name of the services correspond to the name of your data sources.

• Marked as answer by shiningstar1 Thursday, May 28, 2015 6:30 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 5:16 AM