SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access v5.3.0 Cant change default server from 2014 to 2012 RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Ken,

I test the scenario as yours, everything works as expected when I use SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access v5.3.0 to migrate Access database to SQL Server 2012.

To troubleshoot the above error message, please perform the following steps.
    1.Connect to target SQL Server using SQL Server Management Studio and run “select @@version” to verify if it is actually 32-bit SQL Server 2012.
    2. If you are using 32-bit SQL Server 2012, launch 32-bit SSMA for Access, choose “Migrate To SQL Server 2012” when creating new project as follows, then start the migration. If you are using 64-bit SQL Server 2012, launch 64-bit SSMA for Access to start migration.

3. If the error still persists, please download and install SSMA for Access v6.0 to migrate Access database.

For detailed  steps about migrating Access database to SQL Server, please review the following article.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh313051(v=sql.110).aspx

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

Lydia Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by ikeni Saturday, May 28, 2016 2:22 PM
    Saturday, May 28, 2016 5:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Ken,

I test the scenario as yours, everything works as expected when I use SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access v5.3.0 to migrate Access database to SQL Server 2012.

To troubleshoot the above error message, please perform the following steps.
    1.Connect to target SQL Server using SQL Server Management Studio and run “select @@version” to verify if it is actually 32-bit SQL Server 2012.
    2. If you are using 32-bit SQL Server 2012, launch 32-bit SSMA for Access, choose “Migrate To SQL Server 2012” when creating new project as follows, then start the migration. If you are using 64-bit SQL Server 2012, launch 64-bit SSMA for Access to start migration.

3. If the error still persists, please download and install SSMA for Access v6.0 to migrate Access database.

For detailed  steps about migrating Access database to SQL Server, please review the following article.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh313051(v=sql.110).aspx

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

Lydia Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by ikeni Saturday, May 28, 2016 2:22 PM
    Saturday, May 28, 2016 5:01 AM
  • Thank You! . I uninstalled the old version and installed version 6. I needed to move some of the dlls from the 2014 shared library to 2015 one. All worked out well.

Saturday, May 28, 2016 2:30 PM