Why changes the MultipleValue to Collection in WCF Data Servcie 5.0? RRS feed

• Question

• We are parsing the xml of the WCF Data Service response but found there are some changes after upgrading to 5.0 RTW, any guys know why we change this?
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:59 AM

Answers

• Hi shaojianhe,

Any update about this issue? If you need further help, please feel free to let me know, I will be more than happy to be of assistance. : )

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by shaojianhe Monday, June 4, 2012 2:47 AM
    Sunday, June 3, 2012 5:47 AM

All replies

• We renamed MultiValue to Collection because lot of people found it confusing. When we represent a list of simple values, we represent basically collections. And when we called it MultiValue people were asking "OK, so how is MultiValue different from Collection", and we really didn't have a good answer. Originally we wanted the name to be different from collection navigation properties (since on is in-memory and the other is streamed), but with the addition of any/all operators the two come closer together.

It's really just a rename, the functionality remains the same.

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]

Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:12 PM
  • Thank you, Vitek! I got it. Since I don't find the docuements addressiong such kind of changes, can you point me to the place where I can the change lists in WCF Data Service 5.0?
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:16 PM
  • We really don't have a changelist between the RCs and the RTM. It would be really long :-)

And the changes in the 5.0 versus the V2 (or what shipped with .NET 4.0), the highlevel features are described in the release blog post here mostly: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astoriateam/archive/2012/04/09/wcf-data-services-5-0-rtm-release.aspx

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]

Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Hi shaojianhe,

Any update about this issue? If you need further help, please feel free to let me know, I will be more than happy to be of assistance. : )

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by shaojianhe Monday, June 4, 2012 2:47 AM
    Sunday, June 3, 2012 5:47 AM
  • Thanks, and our client regression test failed on this - after fixing it, all passed. Thanks for the ping.
    Monday, June 4, 2012 2:48 AM