none
Changing a sponsor indentifier in HIPAA 834 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an HIPAA 834 file coming in. There was developer before I took over it, who had developed a C# code for splitting the 834 file. The incoming file has records of 2 different trading partners. The code splits the records for the respective trading partner and sends it to the destination.

Now the issue is, one of the trading partner wants to change the sponsor identfier to a constant. For example, if the sponsor identifier is ABC, this must be changed to XYZ. My company wants me to implement this in the same code that has been done for splitting. The reason being, the change must occur after the file is split.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Easiest way if you are not familiar with C# is to break the file on the inbound with the single schema and then route it to a folder based on trade partner. Then you can assign the values to a specific file based on trade agreements. Another option is to force the value on the orchestration. Basically use a case statement and then assing a value to the destination. Of course you would use C# here. I hope that helps.
    Please mark this answer if this answered your question
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:13 PM
  • Hi,
        You can use following Pipeline component for this purpose:

http://biztalksymbolreplace.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=6584

Thanks
    Gyan
    If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    Friday, October 23, 2009 1:56 PM
  • Hi Carlos,

I want to do this with mappings and orchestrations. However my company does not want to use anything new here. They want to just go with the C# code. I am not familiar with this part. also with C#. Guide me through this.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 8:04 PM
  • Hi Gyan,

The pipeline seems to be a 2004 one. Does this work in 2006R2?
    Friday, October 23, 2009 8:07 PM
  • It will work in 2006 R2 also.
    The Visual Studio Conversion Wizard convert into your latest installed .net framework version.
    Thanks, Raja
    Monday, October 26, 2009 6:20 AM