none
Unable to use Entityframework 6.1 with Prism 4.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I've a Prism 4.1 Silverlight 5 web Project I want to use EntityFramework 6 with WCF RIA. Its not allowing me to add EF 6.1 from Nuget. Why? and what is the work around ?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24517333/unable-to-use-entityframework-6-1-with-prism-4-1

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:54 PM

Answers

• hello I think I was trying to Install EF 6 in Silverlight project. So Here my work Around.

1. I created A Separate c# Library Project which have my EF6 Via Installing 

Install-Package EntityFramework -Pre

2. Then I created DevArt Entity model DatabaseFirst by wizard.

3. Then I Installed OpenRIA Support for EF6+ from NuGet Package manager. Removed Libs Like Services etc from my Main Project.

4. Now Add 1 RIA Domain Service  in Main *.Web Porject. It captured my Entities which was in my c# DataModels Project as its refrence I gave in *.Web Project.

Issue May occur Like : Connection String 

Make Sure You provide Full Dll Name like res//Abs.DomainMode.Entity/DataModel.ssdl|.... so On. I got this issue.

This Connection String Project captures from main project. 

Caution 2: Resister Provider Properly As I run with Invariant Issue.

Remove Default Factory Etc if Working with DevArt OracleConnector.

It Allows you to create Domain Service with EF 6. 

Confusion:

When I tried creating open RIA Service library in same way I didn't get success as I never allowed me to Choose Entites from Domain Service wizard. which I wanted to. Any Help / work around?

@Fredo 

>>>And as far as I know, to let RIA Services work with Entity Framework 6+, we need to install the RIAServicesContrib.EntityFramework:

https://www.nuget.org/packages/RIAServicesContrib.EntityFramework

Why it is Required ? I Didn't get this if you can explain me will be helpful. My DataModel Extends EntityObject & Context class extend ObjectContext. After reading So many people was Saying DbContext doesn't work with Domain Service So I went this way.

akirti

• Marked as answer by akirti Monday, July 14, 2014 6:57 AM
    Sunday, July 13, 2014 11:28 PM

All replies

• Hello,

>>I've a Prism 4.1 Silverlight 5 web Project I want to use EntityFramework 6 with WCF RIA. Its not allowing me to add EF 6.1 from Nuget. Why? and what is the work around ?

What do you mean about it is not allowing you add EF 6.1 from Nuget? Does it has specific information? If it has, please share it with us.

And as far as I know, to let RIA Services work with Entity Framework 6+, we need to install the RIAServicesContrib.EntityFramework:

If you do not install it, please install it to check whether it could work for you.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 7:46 AM
  • hello I think I was trying to Install EF 6 in Silverlight project. So Here my work Around.

1. I created A Separate c# Library Project which have my EF6 Via Installing 

Install-Package EntityFramework -Pre

2. Then I created DevArt Entity model DatabaseFirst by wizard.

3. Then I Installed OpenRIA Support for EF6+ from NuGet Package manager. Removed Libs Like Services etc from my Main Project.

4. Now Add 1 RIA Domain Service  in Main *.Web Porject. It captured my Entities which was in my c# DataModels Project as its refrence I gave in *.Web Project.

Issue May occur Like : Connection String 

Make Sure You provide Full Dll Name like res//Abs.DomainMode.Entity/DataModel.ssdl|.... so On. I got this issue.

This Connection String Project captures from main project. 

Caution 2: Resister Provider Properly As I run with Invariant Issue.

Remove Default Factory Etc if Working with DevArt OracleConnector.

It Allows you to create Domain Service with EF 6. 

Confusion:

When I tried creating open RIA Service library in same way I didn't get success as I never allowed me to Choose Entites from Domain Service wizard. which I wanted to. Any Help / work around?

@Fredo 

>>>And as far as I know, to let RIA Services work with Entity Framework 6+, we need to install the RIAServicesContrib.EntityFramework:

Why it is Required ? I Didn't get this if you can explain me will be helpful. My DataModel Extends EntityObject & Context class extend ObjectContext. After reading So many people was Saying DbContext doesn't work with Domain Service So I went this way.

akirti

• Marked as answer by akirti Monday, July 14, 2014 6:57 AM
    Sunday, July 13, 2014 11:28 PM