none
UITestActionLog shows wrong test execution status RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have executed few [TestMethods], which has "assert" in it. After execution I got expected output in the VS TestExplorer, but when I verified the UITestActionLog.html the result was different.

Say for example

[TestMethod]
            public void CodedUITestMethod1()
            {
                    Assert.AreEqual("2", "3");
            }

[TestMethod]
            public void CodedUITestMethod2()
            {
                    Assert.AreEqual("2", "3");
            }

UITestActionLog corresponding to CodedUITestMethod1() shows proper output(As expected showing Failure symbol), but for CodedUITestMethod2() the log file shows as passed with tick mark in it(which is not proper). For both testmethods I can failure messages in TestExplorer window.

Could someone please help me to identify the problem here?

Thanks in advance.

Praveen

Friday, August 22, 2014 1:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please tell me if you install the Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 after you install Visual Studio Premium 2012?

If no, I suggest you could install the Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 and then run your coded UI test again and check if it still occurs the above issue. Since I also encounter same issue with you in Visual Studio Premium 2012 before I don’t install the Visual Studio 2012 Update 4. However, after I install the Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 and then I run coded UI test again, it works fine. So I suggest you could try to install the Visual Studio 2012 Update 4, please download it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43721, and then install it.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Praveen,

>> UITestActionLog corresponding to CodedUITestMethod1() shows proper output(As expected showing Failure symbol), but for CodedUITestMethod2() the log file shows as passed with tick mark in it(which is not proper).

I have been reproduced your issue in my side, but I find that I could get same Assert.AreEqual failed. Expected from the CodedUITestMethod1() and CodedUITestMethod2() in UITestActionLog.html.

Reference:

Note: I used the Visual Studio2013 Ultimate to run coded UI test in my side.

To enable Coded UI Test Playback logs, I suggest you could check your some configuration settings in QTAgent32.exe.config file to make the UITestActionLog.html work.

Reference:

<system.diagnostics>

<switches>

<!-- You must use integral values for "value".

Use 0 for off, 1 for error, 2 for warn, 3 for info, and 4 for verbose. -->

<add name="EqtTraceLevel" value="4" />

</switches>

</system.diagnostics>

<appSettings>

<add key="EnableHtmlLogger" value="true"/>

<add key="EnableSnapshotInfo" value="true"/>

<add key="StopTestRunCallTimeoutInSeconds" value="5"/>

<add key="LogSizeLimitInMegs" value="20"/>

<add key="CreateTraceListener" value="no"/>

<add key="GetCollectorDataTimeout" value="300"/>

</appSettings>  

After you make sure your QTAgent32.exe.config file, you could try to run your coded UI test again and check if it still occurs the same issue.

If it still occurs the issue, I suggest you could create a new sample in coded UI test and then run it again.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 25, 2014 3:00 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately the solution that you have suggested is not working for me. I did the config changes and ran the test, still for the second test method's log file its showing success symbol (tick mark).

When I comment the first test method and ran only the second one, I am receiving the expected output(showing as failed).

I am using VS Premium 2012. Version 11.0.50727.1 RTMREL

Kindly let me know if I need to make any other changes for VS2012.

Thanks,

Praveen

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:06 AM
  • Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please tell me if you install the Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 after you install Visual Studio Premium 2012?

If no, I suggest you could install the Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 and then run your coded UI test again and check if it still occurs the above issue. Since I also encounter same issue with you in Visual Studio Premium 2012 before I don’t install the Visual Studio 2012 Update 4. However, after I install the Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 and then I run coded UI test again, it works fine. So I suggest you could try to install the Visual Studio 2012 Update 4, please download it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43721, and then install it.

Best Regards,

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:09 AM
  • Hi Tina-Shi,

Thanks a lot for your help.

After updating to VS 2012 update 4, I am getting proper output for the test execution.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen

• Proposed as answer by Saadia Khan Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:48 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Saadia Khan Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:48 AM
    Saturday, August 30, 2014 11:32 AM
  • can we call multiple tests and one "testlog" should be generated. is it possible??

and secondly I have added a winApp to make the exe af coded-ui project, then how I could get the test log.

Saadie

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:51 AM