how to capture screen programmatically?

Question

• Hi,

I have created application using html5/javascript i must capture my application screen programmatically.using webview it doesn't render all the styles and transformations in my screen.Is it possible to winjs users?

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:57 AM

Answers

• There is no direct way to render an HTML page to a bitmap to create a screenshot.

You can save the contents of a canvas element, and there are some packages that attempt to capture a page by reading the dom and mimicking it in a canvas, but I don't know how accurate or complete that ends up being. You should be able to find it by searching for html2canvas .

--Rob

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:38 PM
    Owner
  • Please don't post duplicate questions.

See your thread how to capture screen programmatically? from last month. There haven't been any changes in this area since.

--Rob
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:29 AM
    Owner
  • finally i have done it using html2canvas.js newer version it supports css transformations now html2canvas

Friday, August 15, 2014 7:33 AM

All replies

• There's a screen capture API here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.media.capture.screencapture.aspx

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:26 PM
  • hi matt,

Is screencapture class supports windows store apps?it supports oly windows phone

I need capture my application page not video,audio.help me
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:41 PM
  • only Phone apps .. so far i know no api to do this in windows store apps yet

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:42 PM
  • then how could i complete my app?is there any idea to achieve this?
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:16 PM
  • There is no direct way to render an HTML page to a bitmap to create a screenshot.

You can save the contents of a canvas element, and there are some packages that attempt to capture a page by reading the dom and mimicking it in a canvas, but I don't know how accurate or complete that ends up being. You should be able to find it by searching for html2canvas .

--Rob

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:38 PM
    Owner
  • thanks to all
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 3:02 PM
  • Hai,

Is there amy way to capture screen programmatically using winjs,I need to capture my application pages in my Html5/javascript windows store apps,..webview doesn't render my screen properly,doing html to canvas also not completely render my screen some css properties are not supported.please help me

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:36 AM
  • Please don't post duplicate questions.

See your thread how to capture screen programmatically? from last month. There haven't been any changes in this area since.

--Rob
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:29 AM
    Owner
  • finally i have done it using html2canvas.js newer version it supports css transformations now html2canvas

Friday, August 15, 2014 7:33 AM