Camera Capture Task for Windows 8.1 universal application

Question

• Hi everyone.

We are developing an universal app for windows 8.1 .We want to launch Camera Capture Task in ViewModel that should be common for both Win RT as well as Win Phone 8.1. Please give us the suggestion.

Friday, August 22, 2014 4:46 AM

Answers

• You can start with looking through the samples:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Windows-8-Modern-Style-App-Samples

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, August 22, 2014 7:04 PM

All replies

• Hi all.

We are developing an universal app for windows 8.1 and We want to launch Camera Capture Task in View Model that should launch device camera and take photo from the capture and come back to the app. It should be common for both Win RT and Win Phone 8.1. Please revert back with the answers or some forum links.

Thanks and Regards

Sunil

Thanks and Regards Sunil Kumar S C

Friday, August 22, 2014 5:11 AM
  • You can start with looking through the samples:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Windows-8-Modern-Style-App-Samples

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, August 22, 2014 7:04 PM