none
Visual Studio Core Features-ENU Fatal Error During Installation

Question

• Hello MSDN Forums.

I had installed VS 2013 Professional RTM before a month and it was working fine.Today, I was able to download VS 2013 Professional from Microsoft Dreamspark website,so I uninstalled VS 2013 Professional RTM completely & started installing VS 2013 Professional but it is giving me the error:-

Visual Studio Core Features-ENU Fatal Error During Installation 

&

Microsoft Visual C++ 32-bit Compilers-Enu Resources Package Failed.

I tried all sorts of suggestions posted by your forum,but no help.

Even the worst thing happening now is that I'm unable to re-install VS 2013 Professional RTM,since the same error is occuring in this setup also.

Please help me as soon as possible.

Sunday, March 9, 2014 5:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First, please clarify your OS version. I need the installation log to analyze the issue.

Please follow these steps to gather the latest installation log.

1. Update your windows and disable Anti-Virus software.

2. Clear your %temp% folder.

3. Run the setup file as administrator.

4. Use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the latest installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to https://skydrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:36 AM
  • Hello MSDN Forum,

I'm using Windows 8.1 and I followed above steps to get the log file but i was unable to find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder.

Monday, March 10, 2014 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

Had you cleared the "temp" folder before you ran the setup as administrator?

If had, please upload all files in the "temp" folder.

If not, please follow above steps to get the installation log, then upload all files in the "temp" folder.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:44 AM