none
Can I still get NDIS Intermediate driver signed for XP? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm going to sign NDIS driver soon, It includes a NDIS IM driver on XP, and a NDIS LWF driver on Vista and above (including Win8.1). Since XP driver is in different binary file, can I still get XP driver signed and how? 

To sign Vista LWF driver, I guess that I need test with HCK 2.1 on Win8 machine, and submit request with dashboard VISTA check box checked, so that I can vista signature for free. Am I right?

Thank you!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Brn,

For OS below Windows 2008R2 or Win7, you have to use WLK 1.6 because HCK 2.1 supports only last 3 OS released versions i.e Windows 2008R2, Windows 2012 and 2012R2.

You have to submit the separate submission package for Windows Vista or below OS and after logs get approved, and while submitting the logs for other OS which HCK 2.1 supports, you have to attach ReadMe file in submission package where you have to mention the Submission id of Windows Vista and the errata ID, so that you can get a single cat file for all of your OS.

Please check the updated HCK Policy document for more details.

Thanks,

Mudit

• Proposed as answer by Mudit Garg Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by brn204 Friday, May 23, 2014 12:48 PM
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:23 AM
  • Hi Brn,

Please read the second paragraph as well :-) . Please read the lines in bold and underline .

And when you successfully complete testing for a server certification of Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2012 R2, you can also use the dashboard to create a submission package for uploading. Again, this is the same process that you've used in the past. And similarly, if you're using a uniform driver that's properly decorated to include Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, the dashboard has check boxes for free digital signatures. You can select the check boxes only if the driver being submitted was previously fully tested for certification with an earlier version of the HCK. If you select these check boxes, you must add to the supplemental folder a Readme file that includes the previous submission IDs for the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 certification testing. All submissions for which you select these check boxes will go into the manual review queue so that the previous certification for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 can be confirmed. If no Readme file is provided for the certification testing for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003, the submission will be canceled.  

• Proposed as answer by Mudit Garg Friday, May 23, 2014 3:10 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mudit Garg Friday, May 23, 2014 3:10 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:48 AM
  • Hi Brn,

If you feels, I'm able to resolve your query and provided answer of your question, please mark my reply as answer. It's help us to encourage our self.

Thanks,

Mudit

• Marked as answer by brn204 Friday, May 23, 2014 12:47 PM
    Friday, May 23, 2014 3:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Brn,

For OS below Windows 2008R2 or Win7, you have to use WLK 1.6 because HCK 2.1 supports only last 3 OS released versions i.e Windows 2008R2, Windows 2012 and 2012R2.

You have to submit the separate submission package for Windows Vista or below OS and after logs get approved, and while submitting the logs for other OS which HCK 2.1 supports, you have to attach ReadMe file in submission package where you have to mention the Submission id of Windows Vista and the errata ID, so that you can get a single cat file for all of your OS.

Please check the updated HCK Policy document for more details.

Thanks,

Mudit

• Proposed as answer by Mudit Garg Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:23 AM
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:23 AM
  • Mudit,

Thank you very much! Seems I need submit separate package for XP with WLK1.6 test result. But for Vista, since it is the same binary file as Win7/8, based on the information in another thread, I think I can get vista signed through uniform driver signing process. Do I still have to create a separate package for Vista? Here is the link and brief info:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/04263c73-2fe8-4052-870f-5a03fdb13fca/how-can-windows-xp-drivers-be-certified?forum=whck

Digital signatures for legacy operating systems

When you successfully complete testing for a client certification of Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1, use the Windows Dev Center hardware dashboard to create a submission package for uploading - the same process that you've used in the past. And, if you're using a uniform driver that's properly decorated to include Windows Vista and Windows XP, the dashboard has check boxes for free digital signatures.

xin li

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:54 PM
  • Hi Brn,

Please read the second paragraph as well :-) . Please read the lines in bold and underline .

And when you successfully complete testing for a server certification of Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2012 R2, you can also use the dashboard to create a submission package for uploading. Again, this is the same process that you've used in the past. And similarly, if you're using a uniform driver that's properly decorated to include Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, the dashboard has check boxes for free digital signatures. You can select the check boxes only if the driver being submitted was previously fully tested for certification with an earlier version of the HCK. If you select these check boxes, you must add to the supplemental folder a Readme file that includes the previous submission IDs for the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 certification testing. All submissions for which you select these check boxes will go into the manual review queue so that the previous certification for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 can be confirmed. If no Readme file is provided for the certification testing for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003, the submission will be canceled.  

• Unproposed as answer by Mudit Garg Friday, May 23, 2014 3:10 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:48 AM
  • Seems I have to submit 3 packages.  Anyway, thank you very much!

xin li

Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:33 PM
  • Hi Brn,

If you feels, I'm able to resolve your query and provided answer of your question, please mark my reply as answer. It's help us to encourage our self.

Thanks,

Mudit

• Marked as answer by brn204 Friday, May 23, 2014 12:47 PM
    Friday, May 23, 2014 3:12 AM