none
Please Take the LightSwitch/Cloud Business App Developer Survey! RRS feed

• General discussion

• The LightSwitch team wants to hear from developers building LightSwitch applications or Cloud Business Apps!  Please take a few minutes to complete the short survey that the team has composed. 

We really appreciate your feedback!

http://aka.ms/CBA-Usage-Survey

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:45 PM

All replies

• Ok, I took the survey, so nobody else take it - that way my answers will matter more ;)

Please oh please let 'normal' LightSwitch HTML developers not be left behind as the march to Cloud Business App development continues. :)

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:30 PM
  • James don't make me "lock" this discussion :-)

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:56 PM
  • I took it like 5 minutes after it was announced. Good luck.

Nicolás Lope de Barrios
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, please remember to "Mark as Answer". This will help other people find answers to their problems more quickly.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:18 PM
  • Thanks to the LS team for doing this survey.
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 2:52 AM
  • Ok. Did the survey.

I remember in 2011 when I built my first LS app, Ls is the future, fast and easy to build.

Now I'm always scared thar LS will die and has no future.

My customers love my apps and LS, but the future is not clear.

Today I upgraded my Ipad to IOS 8 and now the image-upload.js from the Ls is not working anymore. Now my customers are complaining and I have no solution for this issue.

Love to hear from LS with a solution.

Regards

Sven

Sven Elm

• Edited by Sven Elm Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:23 PM
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:21 PM
  • Sven, you opened a separate thread for the iOS 8 upload issue right?

Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:32 PM
  • Sven did you see this article at all?  From the comments, it appears that this is an iOS bug, not a bug in our upload code:

http://www.mobilexweb.com/blog/safari-ios8-iphone6-web-developers-designers

https://github.com/Widen/fine-uploader/issues/1284

Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:38 PM
  • Hi Ok. Me stupid 😗 thanks and sorry for beeing blind. Ios8 is so buggy. It's a mess. Love LS, straightforward and no mess. Sven

Sven Elm

Thursday, September 18, 2014 4:25 PM
  • bump - should this not be a sticky?

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Saturday, September 20, 2014 11:29 PM
  • Xander, are you suggesting that the iOS issue should be a sticky?

Saturday, September 20, 2014 11:48 PM
  • I was referring to the survey really... but it would not hurt to make the iOS issue more prominent as well.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Saturday, September 20, 2014 11:49 PM
  • Sorry I can't tell from the way you worded the question, but this post is intended to be a sticky and has been sticky since I first posted it.

Sunday, September 21, 2014 12:16 AM
  • Ok - if it has been a sticky all along then I apologize as I honestly missed that. Sorry about the confusion caused.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014 12:20 AM
  • No worries :-)

Sunday, September 21, 2014 12:24 AM
  • Thanks, I saw that post and informed the rest of the team about it.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:19 PM
  • Hi Dave,

you seem to be the only one who tries to communicate with us which is great:-). I think it doesnt make much sense to ask if we develop any new apps in Lightswitch. You should probaby ask something like "would LS be a tool of your choice for a new project if LS and mainly SL was actively developed and supported?". And my answer would be YES, YES, YES, definitely YES, because LightSwitch (I mean it's SL client) is by far the most productive tool I've ever used. For HTML development there are other tools and frameworks, more mature and more flexible and most of them are for free. To be honest, LS HTML client is (compared to the SL one) just a bad joke - doesn't expose computed properties, default values, localization is poor...(just few main reasons) but the main reason why I actually bought LS was that I wanted to get out of that HTML+JS+CSS+bunchofothertechnologies messy hell. Instead of it LS offered a consistent environment with ONE language of my choice (no matter if VB or C# - both are great anyway). So I didnt hesitate and put my money and effort into it.

Well, from the current point of view it was the worst decision I've ever made in my professional life.

Best regards

Pavel

Saturday, January 3, 2015 11:53 AM
  • In my opinion Lightswitch should continue and I thank the LS team for their efforts, because without them I wouldn't be able to build my first webapp that I was thinking to create for about a year ago, but I couldn't start it because I couldn't find an easy technology to make it, because it will take me months to achieve it.

With html lightswitch, I did it in just one month and half, but my next project will be in less time for sure because I feel that I had much practice and experience.

Monday, January 5, 2015 12:45 AM