none
What is error 0x20000 from DCOM RemoteCreateInstance? RRS feed

• Question

• I wrote some session code to access WMI through DCOM. I mostly tested it with one Windows 2008 server and I am now testing it on other severs including older Windows versions. It works on at least 2 servers. On some servers, I am getting error 0x20000 from RemoteCreateInstance. I can't find this error documented anywhere (such as [MS-ERREF] or Bing/Google). can anybody help?
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:54 AM

Answers

• I must admit that it looks like the error is on my side. I  repeated the request and viewed a network capture of the session. On this server, the actual response code was success. My code seems to be misinterpreting the response. I thought that I had checked this before but I have worked with many sessions and network captures. Maybe there was another problem that I fixed. Sorry for wasting time.
    Friday, September 28, 2012 2:03 PM

All replies

• Hello David 918847373,
    Thank you for your inquiry about DCOM protocol. One of the Open specifications team member will contact you shortly.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:03 PM
  • I must admit that it looks like the error is on my side. I  repeated the request and viewed a network capture of the session. On this server, the actual response code was success. My code seems to be misinterpreting the response. I thought that I had checked this before but I have worked with many sessions and network captures. Maybe there was another problem that I fixed. Sorry for wasting time.
    Friday, September 28, 2012 2:03 PM
  • David918847373, thanks for letting us know.  Please mark your last post as answer.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Friday, September 28, 2012 5:09 PM