none
ActiveX RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

When i am trying to add Microsoft Web Browser Active X i get an error : cant add object

what i need to do to resolve it ?

Friday, August 22, 2014 12:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you mean that you fail to insert a WebBrowser ActiveX control in Excel? If so, I think the article below explains the reason.

Cannot insert certain scriptable ActiveX controls into Office 2013 documents

When you try to insert a Web Browser control into a Microsoft Excel workbook, you receive one of the following error messages in Excel 2013: "Cannot insert object".

This issue occurs because some scriptable controls are made obsolete in Office 2013 for security reasons. This is by design, and these errors are expected. These scriptable controls are disabled by using a version-specific kill-bit that only applies to these controls, and this only happens when they are used in a document. We recommend that you do not try to embed scriptable controls directly into documents, because this behavior may reduce system security.

If you want workarounds, please refer to the link above. But please note the warining in it.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 25, 2014 3:14 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Did you add the Web Browser control to the Toolbox before?

Friday, August 22, 2014 7:01 PM
  • no...

can you please help me with that ?

Friday, August 22, 2014 9:13 PM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that you fail to insert a WebBrowser ActiveX control in Excel? If so, I think the article below explains the reason.

Cannot insert certain scriptable ActiveX controls into Office 2013 documents

When you try to insert a Web Browser control into a Microsoft Excel workbook, you receive one of the following error messages in Excel 2013: "Cannot insert object".

This issue occurs because some scriptable controls are made obsolete in Office 2013 for security reasons. This is by design, and these errors are expected. These scriptable controls are disabled by using a version-specific kill-bit that only applies to these controls, and this only happens when they are used in a document. We recommend that you do not try to embed scriptable controls directly into documents, because this behavior may reduce system security.

If you want workarounds, please refer to the link above. But please note the warining in it.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 25, 2014 3:14 AM
  • I have Windows 8 running Office 2007.  I could not find "MSForms.exd".  But I ran free version of CCleaner (which empties temp locations), after I checked the advance settings to make sure "only delete if older than 24hrs" was SWITCHED OFF, and...

PROBLEM SOLVED ! ! !  

I use the free AI List (Action Item List) from www.ExcelAutomationHelp.com daily, it it wouldn't group-sort until I fixed this.  Made me realize how awesome group-sort is.
    Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:41 PM