none
.NET 32 bit on windows 7 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I need to use .NET 2.0 32 bit and Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for developing on 64 bit Windows 7. So i have problem. Each time i try to install Visual Studio 2005 it automaticly installs .NET 2.0 64 bit, but I need 32 bit. How can i resolve this because I must not use 64 bit .NET components in development, only 32 bit ones. Thx to you all 

• Edited by Markovski Friday, February 25, 2011 5:46 PM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 4:14 PM

Answers

• Hi markovski,

Thanks for your post.

I tried in my Windows 7 x64 computer, you could not install the 32 bit of the .NET Framework 2.0 in a 64 bit computer. In this case, you might not be able to install the 32bit .NET Framework in your computer.

However, as far as I know, you can change your compile configuration in the Project meun -> Configuration Manager to the Any CPU to complie your application for 32bit.

Additionally, I find this article might be help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241064(VS.80).aspx

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 12:10 PM

All replies

• Is it possible to say during installation on 64 bit windows 7 install me 32bit .NET not 64bit .NET
    Friday, February 25, 2011 5:35 PM
  • Hi markovski,

Thanks for your post.

I tried in my Windows 7 x64 computer, you could not install the 32 bit of the .NET Framework 2.0 in a 64 bit computer. In this case, you might not be able to install the 32bit .NET Framework in your computer.

However, as far as I know, you can change your compile configuration in the Project meun -> Configuration Manager to the Any CPU to complie your application for 32bit.

Additionally, I find this article might be help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241064(VS.80).aspx

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 12:10 PM