none
AverageTimer32 custom counter not visible in perfmon x64??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I create a counter in my app, an AverageTimer32 counter type.

but the counter is only visible when I start the x32 version of the perfmon tool!!!!

how to create a timer counter  working in the x64 version of the perfmon?

like the disk sec / read counter which is also an AverageTimer32.

thanks.

Friday, July 3, 2015 12:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Willgart1,

What is the app build platform target, x86 or x64? I assume that problem is caused by server architecture. This link tells more, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14139538/performance-counters-go-missing.

If it not help, please provide a sample code for me to reproduce. I will try to fix it and let you know my result.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 6, 2015 2:19 AM
  • hi

apparently this impact Win 7 x64, because I can see the counters correctly using Win 2008 R2.

the code is in PowerShell but tried using a C# x64 code with the same result.

Monday, July 6, 2015 2:25 AM
  • Hi Willgart1,

Can you share more info, steps or code sample you've done to help reproduce your problem? I can test with it and let you know my result.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 6, 2015 9:36 AM