none
Messages gets dehydrated with Status "Active" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All..
    I need urgent advise..there is error at SAP port as 

The Messaging Engine received an error from transport adapter "SAP" when notifying the adapter with the BatchComplete event. Reason "Value does not fall within the expected range.".
    And Request Messages gets dehydrated with Status Active..
    Will message retry on SAP port automatically..

As i like to suspend the messages and then terminate it so that i retry on SAP port ..

Pls Advise...

-- Regards Sandeep
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:27 AM

All replies

• I beleive this is the old(non-WCF based) SAP adapter .

The message will get retried based on the retry count and retry interval specified  in the send port settings.

If you don't wan the message to be retried you can set the retry count to 0 .

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 10:22 AM
  • Hi Rohit,
    Thanks for your reply..
    Ya i am using BizTalk Adapter v2.0 ..and i had set retry interval and retry count to 0 to catch exception of SAP port. using Exception Object Type as "System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException"

So will in this case also messages will retry ?..
    Also when i saw messages in orchestration (which is dehydrated), is shown as active state..
    And the message is request to SAP..

so should i guess that error occured at the time when BizTalk Adapter try to send message to SAP..

And i observed this error in event log there is no description of messages which is suspended like MessageID or InstanceID..like normally when there is error at port we do get MessageID and instanceID so that we can trace which message is suspended..

but here it seems to me that there is error with SAP Adapter or with SAP due to which at that instant what all messages are going to SAP ..there orchestration gets suspended..

Its Urgent Pls Advise...

-- Regards Sandeep
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 10:48 AM
  • Hi Rohit,
    One thing i like to add when i get error as mentioned in my first post there is also another error with one of the messages regarding some invalid valid like mentioned below..

Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.XlangSoapException: An error occurred while processing the message, refer to the details section for more information 
    Message ID: {37084B25-37EF-48FF-9DBA-3BA7F28A4CDE}
    Instance ID: {CDE8FEF8-3A50-46CA-ACC4-297DEF5769D5}
    Error Description: Posting key 31 does not permit specification of a special G/L indicator

at Microsoft.BizTalk.XLANGs.BTXEngine.BTXPortBase.VerifyTransport(Envelope env, Int32 operationId, Context ctx)
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.Subscription.Receive(Segment s, Context ctx, Envelope& env, Boolean topOnly)
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.PortBase.GetMessageId(Subscription subscription, Segment currentSegment, Context cxt, Envelope& env, CachedObject location)
       at BizTalk_Skelta_TE_Voucher.Orchestration_Skelta_TE.segment2(StopConditions stopOn)
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.SegmentScheduler.RunASegment(Segment s, StopConditions stopCond, Exception& exp)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

..Now as read msdn i found that BizTalk SAP adapter works in a batch fashion ..it means it groups messages in batch and this batch is related to one transaction ..so if suppose there are 5 messages in batch and one of the message has some problem then ..whole lot of message transaction will fail and we need to retry..

Could you please advise when the transaction fails do there is any chance that other messages might have posted request XML to SAP..

As when i retry i don't want duplicate entry in SAP..

Pls Advise its urgent..

-- Regards Sandeep
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 6:11 AM
  • Hi Rohit,
    Today again same error came and 5 Orchestration went to dehydrated stage with 5 messages. These messages are SAP request messages..

I checked with SAP team they said out of 5 voucher messages 3 got successfully parked and one of them is with error something like "Posting key 31 does not permit specification of a special G/L indicator" which could be specific to application..

Now there is no response XML which will execute Stored Procedure to store voucher number..

Could you please advise ..how SAP adapter had send messages to SAP with no response XML..
    This happens only to those vouchers in batches in which one or more vouchers are having error mentioned above as
    "Posting key 31 does not permit specification of a special G/L indicator"

-- Regards Sandeep
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:09 AM