Is there a significant performance improvement in async methods of Dapper? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1045336983 posted

I have an application that makes heavily use of Dapper's CRUD operation methods. I am planning to change these to async methods of Dappers. So are there any significant performance improvement or any benchmark result that show that it is indeed worth putting an effort to migrate these calls?

Saturday, October 5, 2019 1:46 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

I have an application that makes heavily use of Dapper's CRUD operation methods. I am planning to change these to async methods of Dappers. So are there any significant performance improvement or any benchmark result that show that it is indeed worth putting an effort to migrate these calls?

As recommended in your similar thread, try reading the openly published documentation.  Make sure you read all the related material in the left navigation as it covers your questions. 

In a nut shell, the async/await pattern alleviates thread blocking.  The application becomes more responsive and can handle more requests.   Your question indicates that you have not taken the time to learn the async/await pattern and the problem it solves.  Once you understand the concept of blocking threads then you'll be able to quantify whether making this change is advantageous. 

Saturday, October 5, 2019 4:18 PM