Deploy SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Metadata Samples Toolkit RRS feed

• Question

• Today, I download SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Metadata Samples Toolkit from Microsoft download center, per readme.txt instructions, build the project, but there was an error as below:

Error 1 The project could not be deployed to the 'localhost' server because of the following connectivity problems :  A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.  To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server.  0 0 

After then, I just build the project,but didn't deploy it, then I try to launch
    DependencyAnalyzer console application, there was also an there:

Error occurred: A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.

Are you success on this Toolkit?

Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,
    Do you have solved this error ? I have exactly the name. I don't know how to solved it....

The project could not be deployed to the 'SERVER NAME' server because of the following connectivity problems :  A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.  To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server.

Thanks for your help.
    Regards
    Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:10 PM
  • How do you get the dependency analyzer.csproj installed???

Help

Thank you,

fred

Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:20 PM
  • Can we please keep this in the one thread?

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1043125&SiteID=1

Having the same problem in multiple threads makes it very difficult to track. You have a question waiting for you in the previous thread.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:32 PM