Can .Net BackEnd connect to Dynamics AX/NAV

Question

• Hi,

I would like to develop a WinRT App with Azure SDK .

I would like to know :

1. Can .Net Backend connect to Microsoft Dynamics AX and NAV if AX and NAV are pushed or deployed to the cloud?

2. Can .Net Backend work with .Net Business Connectors for AX?

Would appreciate if you can show how they work and provide a link for the references.

Thanks.

Monday, May 12, 2014 9:53 AM

Answers

• You'll need to explain more about what you mean by ".NET Backend".  Are you referring to an Azure backend? In that case, post to the Azure forums. Do you mean a Webservice running ASP.NET? In that case, I would recommend that you post to a Dynamics forums to get the proper APIs. 

In any case, I am thinking that it's unlikely that the Dynamics API DLLs will work in a WinRT app unless they've written one specifically for WinRT.  Again, you'll need to post to the correct forum to find this information.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, May 12, 2014 12:11 PM

All replies

• You'll need to explain more about what you mean by ".NET Backend".  Are you referring to an Azure backend? In that case, post to the Azure forums. Do you mean a Webservice running ASP.NET? In that case, I would recommend that you post to a Dynamics forums to get the proper APIs. 

In any case, I am thinking that it's unlikely that the Dynamics API DLLs will work in a WinRT app unless they've written one specifically for WinRT.  Again, you'll need to post to the correct forum to find this information.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, May 12, 2014 12:11 PM
  • Hi, Thanks. I suppose to post this in Azure Forum.Sorry, I accidentally click the wrong forum.
    Monday, May 12, 2014 12:31 PM