none
Problem with addin in combination with CRM outlook addin RRS feed

  • Question

  • The AddIn I wrote for outlook works perfectly, but on machines that also have the microsoft crm outlook addin installed, it fails.

    My addin doesn't subscribe to any  specific outlook event.

    what my addin does is let a user drag an email to a sharepoint list

    added problem, on the dev machine this crm addin is also installed and here my add in behaves normally.

    Has anybody encountered this problem and knows a solution ?



    • Edited by Rbie Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:35 AM
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:31 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Hello Rbie,

    I suppose you are you talking about the Dynamics CRM. Am I right?

    > it fails

    Could you please be more specific? Do you get any exceptions or error messages? Did you try to create your own log and see that happens on the end user machines?

    What Outlook and CRM version do you have installed on the problematic PC?
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:10 AM
  • Yes I mean Dynamics CRM,

    It fails in the sense that the dragged mail isn't send to the sharepoint list and outlook starts to behave erratic (in this case meaning is suddenly very slow moving between different folders, if you click a mail it will show the dialog ("do you want to apply this action to all mails")

    CRM version is 2011, fault happens on both outlook 2010 and 2013.

    I have tried logging it, but it seems to fail at different stages.

    no error message window  thrown, but I sometimes get a window balloon saying that parameters are missing, but that message doesn't come from my addin but seems to come from outlook



    • Edited by Rbie Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:44 PM
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:20 PM
  • Please try to find why/when/where it fails. Do you have any other add-ins registered for Outlook?

    Also please make sure that you release underlying COM objects instantly. Use System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject to release an Outlook object when you have finished using it. Then set a variable to Nothing in Visual Basic (null in C#) to release the reference to the object. See Systematically Releasing Objects for more information.

    • Marked as answer by Rbie Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:55 AM
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:13 PM
  • I already set all my objects to nothing when done with them, and release them, I even called the GC to see if that solved the problem.

    But I will try to find out on what lines  the problem occurs. atm I'm adding every line of code that passes to a log file.

    I'll be back when I find out more.

    Thanks for the help so far.

    Thursday, March 27, 2014 2:01 PM
  • Seems it wasn't the CRM add-on but the PDF addon from Adode that was the culprit.

    Thanks for the help :-)

    Eugene, I'll mark your answer since that is always good advice to release your objects :-)

    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:55 AM