none
Some questions about MapColorFrameToDepthSpace() in Kinect v2 SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently tried to implement the function MapColorFrameToDepthSpace() but found it is not that straightforward. Since I have calibrated the Kinect color and depth cameras by myself, I can implement the function MapDepthFrameToColorSpace() without using Kinect SDK. (And I have completed this part.) But I have no idea how to implement MapColorFrameToDepthSpace(). Does anyone know the content in this function? I would also like to know if there is any online resource that is helpful for me. (It really bothers me...) I've visit this website below but it only describe the functionality.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowspreview.kinect.coordinatemapper.mapcolorframetodepthspace.aspx?cs-save-lang=1&cs-lang=cpp#code-snippet-1

Thanks for your reply in advance! 

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 3:10 PM

All replies

• That would be a no, I really dislike the way they are closed off and you have to go through CoordinateMapper to then move the right stuff to gpu shaders for higher perf. But it's probably nothing easy for you to figure out. There are people who talk about this around but they haven't found anything useful, or at least they hadn't last time I checked.
    Saturday, June 11, 2016 7:30 PM