D3D11 CORRUPTION: ID3D11DeviceContext::OMSetRenderTargets: Second parameter, array index 0 does not match device. [ MISCELLANEOUS CORRUPTION #14: CORRUPTED_PARAMETER2]

Question

• Upon calling OMSetRenderTargets(), I keep getting this error message. I can't seem to see what's wrong. Any help?
    Monday, August 4, 2014 2:26 PM

Answers

• This error means you are using a ID3D11ChildDevice object created by device A but are trying to set it to a device B's context.

In other words, the render target you are using was created with a different Direct3D 11 device than the one you are trying to render with.

You probably need to provide more context about your usage here for any more help.

Monday, August 4, 2014 6:00 PM

All replies

• This error means you are using a ID3D11ChildDevice object created by device A but are trying to set it to a device B's context.

In other words, the render target you are using was created with a different Direct3D 11 device than the one you are trying to render with.

You probably need to provide more context about your usage here for any more help.

Monday, August 4, 2014 6:00 PM
  • More context? No pun intended? LOL.

That was the problem, I was calling initialize twice on my base class. This meant there were two different devices, thanks.

Friday, August 8, 2014 2:17 AM