Azure Virtual Machine always black screen? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have added two VMs on Azure. They run well after just installed complete. But now when I connected to these VM, they are always black screen, is there any way to debug it?

I am Free Trail, I don't know if there is some limitation for Free Trail Subscription?

Thanks and Best regards,

E-John

• Edited by E-John Friday, May 3, 2019 1:22 AM
    Friday, May 3, 2019 12:55 AM

All replies

• Greetings,

Thanks for posting here.

It looks like you are trying to RDP in to windows VMs if not please let us know your OS. If you are having black screen issue on RDP login, could you please try installing Remote Desktop Connection Manager and connect to VM. Please let us know in case that doesn't helped you.

Regards,

Subhash.V

Friday, May 3, 2019 3:37 AM
  • Dear SubhashVasarapu,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am using RDP to connect Win10 pro VM on Azure.

I have donwloaded the RDCM and following the tutorial to set up the connection, but still NOT work.

One is black screen then shutdown, the other is disconnection due to time-out.

Thanks and Best regards,

E-John

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=44989

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibtbsUJuKGA

• Edited by E-John Friday, May 3, 2019 7:05 AM
    Friday, May 3, 2019 5:29 AM
  • Hi,

What size VM did you deploy?
    I was facing the same problem when I was deployed for testing purposes an A0 Basic. In that case, I was waiting for 5 minutes until the RDP connection worked.
    Secondly, can you post the Activity Log?
    You can see activity Log from the left main blade Activity Log.

Please, If you think your question has been answered click "Mark as Answer" if just helped click "Vote as helpful". This can be beneficial to other community members reading this forum thread.

Friday, May 3, 2019 1:38 PM
  • Hi George Chrysovaladis Grammatikos,

What size VM did you deploy?

---> One is D2_v2, the other is D2

Secondly, can you post the Activity Log? 
    ---> The logs seems OK from the last 24hrs.

Thanks and Best regards,

E-John

• Edited by E-John Friday, May 3, 2019 2:01 PM
    Friday, May 3, 2019 2:00 PM
  • Sounds very weird....

Can you try to make the configuration that this post said?

Please, If you think your question has been answered click "Mark as Answer" if just helped click "Vote as helpful". This can be beneficial to other community members reading this forum thread.

Friday, May 3, 2019 2:13 PM
  • Hello John,

Is this issue got resolved? If not Could you please send an email to AzCommunity@microsoft.com referencing this thread, we would like to work closer with you on this matter.

Regards,

Subhash.V

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 4:41 AM
  • Dear SubhashVasarapu,

No, not solved. It did NOT work.

I have set up Ubuntu VM on Azure, and it is OK to log in by ssh.

Is there anyway to log in Win10 by console way, that I can know Win10 is alive or not?

Best regards,

E-John

• Edited by E-John Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:11 AM
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 6:53 AM
  • The best route to get this resolved is via a technical support ticket. If you don't have the ability to open a technical support ticket, you can email me at AzCommunity@microsoft.com and provide me with your Azure SubscriptionID and link to this thread. I can then enable your subscription for a free support ticket. 
    Monday, May 20, 2019 6:29 PM
  • Any update on this thread?

Friday, May 31, 2019 7:08 PM