Microsoft Office 2003 "word" not working properly after copying transferring hard-drive info via DiscWizard by Seagate RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Office 2003 "word" not working prperly after copying transferring hard-drive info via DiscWizard by Seagate.

I got a new SATA Seagate hard-drive and used their DiscWizard program to copy/transfer all the entire "OS" files.

PROBLEM

Windows Office 2003: when opening office 11  . . . the program trys to 'install' itself again and giving the message "source not found  . . . run setup and repair.

However the repairing is not working giving the following message:
    windows installer
    This patch package could not be opened. verify that the patch package exist and that you can access it, ot contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package.

Does ayone have an idea on how to repair "WORD" microsoft office 2003 (all the other programs are working fine.

Thanks!

Note: I also had trouble with Adobe CS2 but after "re-registering / activating" online, all the programs worked fine.

Note: I went to microsoft and the verified "again" the legality / validation of the microsoft products; but the "microsoft error" problem still shows.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:37 AM

All replies

• I am getting the same error message when I try to reinstall Office 2003 - It won't autorun the install - and I cannot even get close to repairing.  Did you ever figure out the problem?
    Friday, April 27, 2007 8:56 PM
  • Just to add my name to the mix, I amhaving the exact same problems with both Office 2003 and Adobe Acrobat Distiller. Does anyone have a repair for this situation?
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 10:41 PM
  •  

Microsoft has a fix for this, go here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932857/en-us?spid=2520&sid=216

I can verify it works because I just had to do it.

James

Friday, August 17, 2007 8:54 PM
  • Download the Windows Installer CleanUp utility

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

Install it and then Run it from Start>All Programs>Windows Installer CleanUp utility

Select office 2003 and then click on remove.

Now again install office using the CD.

There would be no error message now and all your office applications would be working fine.

• Proposed as answer by Mail Server Friday, July 31, 2009 11:24 PM
    Sunday, September 2, 2007 12:25 AM