none
visual studio trying to install win 10 uwp app on win 8.1 phone ! how to change that?

Question

• Though the project is Universal Windows working fine on local machine but when targeted for arm it searches for a win 8.1 phone (I have a win 10 mobile connected). This problem is not faced on other machines what configuration I have to do to change this, as even if I attached a win 8.1 mobile how could a UWP app run on it anyway.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 12:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Sam Tholiya,

Which version of Visual Studio do you use?

According to your description, you connect a Window 10 mobile and Windows 8.1 Phone at the same time, is it right? Please tell us why you connect two devices at the same time.

Please try disconnect your Windows 8.1 Phone to check whether it will connect to the Windows 10 mobile automatically.

As far as I know, we just can set the a device every time on toolbar, but I don't find any settings to assign a device in Visual Studio settings.

In addition, since you don't meet this problem on other machines, please try import that machine's settings to your current machine to check whether this issue caused by the Visual Studio settings which we don't find.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 7:51 AM