none
How to create dashboard without performance point or third-part apps RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I am a site collection admin on a large sharepoint farm that is shared by multiple organizations.  I want to create a "dashboard" that reads data from my SP lists and presents metrics graphically (updating automatically).  Unfortunately, the built in solutions (performance point, power pivot) are not available on my farm.  I also cannot install any third-part apps.  Can any one suggest another approach for setting up a dashboard?  Here's what I've tried so far:

1) Enable the old charts webpart from SP 2010 by saving the exported xml as a .webpart file and attempting to upload into webpart gallery.   Got an error saying xml was poorly formed--I couldn't figure out why/how.

2) Create excel spreadsheet with OData Data Feed connection to my SP list and display in excel web part.  Works great in excel on my computer but it will not update in excel services because the farm settings are such that the trusted locations (including the whole farm) don't allow external connections (external, meaning outside the excel file).  The farm admins won't change this setting because it would require them to configure the secure store, which they don't want to do. The spreadsheet will update when I open it in excel, but I would really like the dashboard to update itself without me having to open it manually.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:36 PM

Answers

All replies