Connecting two Azure Hosted Service environment? (site-2-site) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have two Hosted Service environments in Azure that I would to make visible to each other.

On each there are few roles/VMs that needed to visible to my second Hosted Service environment
    what would be the best way to make them work with each other?

Each Hosted Service environment is naturally already set and cannot add more roles/VM in them

VPN? Vlans? Will the Azure infrastructure allow me to do so?

Is it possible to connect two azure environments via “Azure connect”? As site-2-site and not per role/VM?

Thanks

Nir

Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Nir,

Can you explain what you mean by "visible to each other"?

If you expose the proper endpoints in your roles you can get any kind of communication you want.

Windows Azure Connect doesn't support inter-role communication.

With regards,

Patriek

www.patriekvandorp.net
    If this reply is of help to you, please don't forget to mark it as an answer.
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Nir,

Can you explain what you mean by "visible to each other"?

If you expose the proper endpoints in your roles you can get any kind of communication you want.

Windows Azure Connect doesn't support inter-role communication.

With regards,

Patriek

www.patriekvandorp.net
    If this reply is of help to you, please don't forget to mark it as an answer.
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:28 AM
  • Hi Nir,

Windows Azure Connect is designed to connect Azure and on-premise. It does not support inter-role communication because Azure already has service model for inter-role. Do you want inter-role communication accross services without using their public endpoint?

Jason Chen, Windows Azure PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:54 PM