Best way to Copy picture from IE to Pictures Library

Question

• If I'm in the IE10 metro app, I can "copy" a picture, and then via Paint.exe, I can paste and save the file into MyPictures.

Is there a simplier way to do this?

Right now the sharing charm in IE10 only allows the page link to be shared to apps. I expected IE 10 sharing charm area would also allow me to share the clipboard data with file explorer to save the image to MyPictures folder.

What is the design flow around IE10, clipboard and sharing charm?

Monday, November 07, 2011 10:06 PM

Answers

• Hello RobHogue,

I tested other ways to copy a picture from Metro IE10 and save in Pictures and was not successful. I tried creating a shortcut key for the Snipping tool. It works in Internet Explorer 10 on the desktop but not in Metro Internet Explorer version.

I suggest you send feedback on this issue using the Windows Feedback Tool.

You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Sincerely,

Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by RobHogue Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:39 PM
    Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:03 PM

All replies

• Hello RobHogue,

I tested other ways to copy a picture from Metro IE10 and save in Pictures and was not successful. I tried creating a shortcut key for the Snipping tool. It works in Internet Explorer 10 on the desktop but not in Metro Internet Explorer version.

I suggest you send feedback on this issue using the Windows Feedback Tool.

You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Sincerely,

Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by RobHogue Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:39 PM
    Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:03 PM
  • RobHogue,

Thanks for the feedback.  We are investigating various options for enabling this scenario through the Share charm, via a flow that would entail selecting an image in Metro style Internet Explorer and sharing it with some other Windows 8 application (that would afford saving of images).

Mirko Mandic, Internet Explorer Program Manager

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 8:26 AM
  • I would hope sharing with the document,video,music and picture library should be more exposed and embedded within windows design. For example, take a look at the settings charms, the network, audio icon are always at the bottom and accessible.

If there was a "picture library" icon, I could either select a picture in IE (which would have a .jpg type URI), or I could copy/paste an image in a page to the clipboard, select the share icon, touch "picture library icon" which is always at the bottom (like the network icon in settings), and then deal with sharing page to place into a folder.

Just an idea. thanks for following up.

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:09 PM