How i make upgrade from w7 to wdp

Question

• hello.

i have tred to upgrade windows 7 o windows 8. but that what i get:

first i m booting from usb.

i have started windows norrmally and boot from usb whene i get the screen install now i pushed it but i have shosen upgrade .

next page show me to :

that windows  has start as installation disk. you can't upgrade.

if you want upgrade remove the installation disk and restart.windows will start normally.then insert the disk and restart the upgrade.

''

but whene i restart the windows it can't boot it show error reading from the disk .

what can i do?

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:40 PM

Answers

• salahnecibi,

Check out this forum post and let me know if it answers your question: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/152d7895-4281-427d-a6e1-40af0d8648ec

Thanks,

Chris
    • Marked as answer by salahnecibi Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:55 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:12 PM
  • I would download the ISO again and recreate the USB image.

Use the following instructions:

The Windows 8 Developer Preview is delivered as an .iso image that must be converted into installation media stored on a DVD or a USB flash drive. On Windows 7, the easiest way to convert this file is to use Windows Disc Image Burner. On Windows XP and Windows Vista, a third-party program is required to convert an .iso file into installable media—and DVD burning software often includes this capability.

Note: The .iso file that contains the developer tools requires a large capacity DVD called a DVD-9, as well as a DVD burner that can handle dual-layer (DL) DVDs. Most modern burners should be able to handle this format.

Then check the Sha 1 Hash after the file has been downloaded.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by salahnecibi Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:29 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:07 PM

All replies

• salahnecibi,

Check out this forum post and let me know if it answers your question: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/152d7895-4281-427d-a6e1-40af0d8648ec

Thanks,

Chris
    • Marked as answer by salahnecibi Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:55 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:12 PM
  • In addition to the information from Chris, I suggest you check the Sha 1 hash to be sure your download is correct.

Marilyn
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:21 PM
  • is possible that  the sha-1 change after the download!!

because i download it from here.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:56 PM
  • No, but if the sha 1 hash is corrupt, the download could be missing files.
    Marilyn
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:32 PM
  • Ok.but maybe because the donload stop and restart againe. and this may effect the file.

i m using internet download manger maybe because of it

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:00 PM
  • I would download the ISO again and recreate the USB image.

Use the following instructions:

The Windows 8 Developer Preview is delivered as an .iso image that must be converted into installation media stored on a DVD or a USB flash drive. On Windows 7, the easiest way to convert this file is to use Windows Disc Image Burner. On Windows XP and Windows Vista, a third-party program is required to convert an .iso file into installable media—and DVD burning software often includes this capability.

Note: The .iso file that contains the developer tools requires a large capacity DVD called a DVD-9, as well as a DVD burner that can handle dual-layer (DL) DVDs. Most modern burners should be able to handle this format.

Then check the Sha 1 Hash after the file has been downloaded.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by salahnecibi Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:29 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:07 PM
  • Ok.but maybe because the donload stop and restart againe. and this may effect the file.

If the download manager is working correctly, it will not corrupt the file.

When the download is complete, the downloaded file must be byte-for-byte identical to the original. The purpose of the SHA-1 hash is to verify that this is the case. If it is not, then the download is damaged, and you cannot use it.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:13 PM

If the download manager is working correctly, it will not corrupt the file.

When the download is complete, the downloaded file must be byte-for-byte identical to the original. The purpose of the SHA-1 hash is to verify that this is the case. If it is not, then the download is damaged, and you cannot use it.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Thank ou for the information

i hope this time i succed in my last download

Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:53 AM