none
all reports are showing up in label format RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was creating labels for a Microsoft database using a third party (Brother label printer P-editor). Now all old reports and new report that I am trying to create are showing up in label format.

This is happening across several database.

Makes me think that some feature of microsoft access has been altered which defaults ll reports to labels format.

I am afraid to open up any report in all Access databases.

Pl. HELP !!!. 

P.S.  I checked Access Options , also checked report designs. The reports are normal size (8 1/2" by 11") in design view but not in Print Preview or Report View.

Seems that something fundamental has been altered.

Pl. help.. I can not work on any databases.

Sorry, forgot to mention that they are Microsoft Access databases.
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Just a guess but check to see if your computer's Default Printer was set to the Label printer. If so, try selecting a different printer.

Hope it helps...

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:14 PM
  • Check your default printer from within Access.

1. Open a new report in design view.
    2. Click on the Page setup tab.
    3. Click the page setup icon
    4. Click the Page tab in the utility box. Make sure the Default printer is selected.

Then check your computer to see what your default printer is. Maybe that P-editor messed up the default. Hopefully, your computer's default is what is causing the issue and it will be fixed once you select the correct printer.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:31 PM
  • Thank you soo much !!! That worked... 
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:35 PM
  • Thank you soo much !!! That worked... 

Hi,

You're welcome. Congratulations on getting it to work. Bill and I were happy to assist. Good luck with your project.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:51 PM
  • You're welcome. DBguy and I think alike in a lot of "Access" ways. Third-party software does not always make life better, especially if it makes changes to your computer without your knowledge.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:08 PM
  • Hi cansomeonehelpme,

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved, I suggest you mark useful answer to close this thread and it could also help other developers use this forum effective. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 6:51 AM