Is there a way to "split screen" two IE10 pages? (while staying in "metro")

General discussion

• I think the answer is no. But basically I wanted to have an embedded video running in one IE10 page (dedicated to the thinner slice of the screen) while I checked news on other sites. Could not seem to figure out a way to make this happen. Hopefully it is simply a Developer Preview Limitation. Otherwise it is a serious oversight.

Anyone else have better luck or a better explanation for this?
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:42 PM

All replies

• drag IE in from the right side of the screen? I don't know how to run multiple instances of IE10, if that's what you're asking however, you could always just run IE 9 on the bigger slice and IE 10 on the smaller slice
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:48 PM
  • right I knew that IE10 metro/desktop IE was possible... but its a bad solution. I am pointing out more than anything that multiple instances of IE10 should work... its not uncommon to want two web pages open side by side... I wouldn't think.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:51 PM
  • I don't think its possible. Microsoft should add this functionality---I often want to quote something from another site, and if I can put two windows next to each other and copy from one and paste into the other (for instance, into gmail, blogger, other web-based content creation app), that becomes a whole lot easier. This should also be made available for any app where multiple pages or files can be open at once--for instance, Microsoft Word--once Metro Office is out, I should be able to do a split screen between two Word documents.

Friday, September 16, 2011 6:44 PM