IDE Font not going bold... RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I'm trying to make the font for the IDE Text Editor to be bold for more clarity on my new larger monitor.  I go Tools -> Options -> Fonts & Colours -> Text Editor (drop down) and check the box marked Bold.  I hit OK and restart just to make sure, but the only thing that has changed is that now the parenthesis and braces are bold, but the text remains the same.  Any ideas?

Failing a solution to that, can anyone recommend a good mono-spaced font that's already thick?  Something like a FixedSys only larger?  That's my favourite font and would love an 11 or 12 point version (I tried the TTF version that's available, but it looks like *** when resized up).

Well thanks.
    Monday, January 8, 2007 11:14 PM

Answers

• A very nice fixed pitch True Type font that works very well with ClearType (LCD screens) is Consolas.  You can download it from here.
    Tuesday, January 9, 2007 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi, GroZZleR

I think it is good for you to set larger size and to set the font type to Fixedsys. It looks clear enough.

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 2:50 AM
  • I'd love to, but unfortunately FixedSys' next available size is 17 or 18.  That's much too big.

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 4:03 AM
  • A very nice fixed pitch True Type font that works very well with ClearType (LCD screens) is Consolas.  You can download it from here.
    Tuesday, January 9, 2007 1:43 PM