none
Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 is not registered on this machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am using Visual Basic 2019 and office 365 and getting this massage when working with Access database in my program using VB.net

Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 is not registered on this machine

please help 

Monday, December 2, 2019 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You need the Access engine.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, December 2, 2019 10:36 AM
  • Hi bosi_key, 

Thank you for posting here.

As Kareninstructor suggested, You need to install the access database engine.

What needs to be added is that you should install the correct version of access engine, because you cannot install both 32bit and 64bit access engine.

If you install 64bit access engine, you need to make sure your ‘Target CPU’ (right click your project -> properties -> Compile -> Target CPU ) is not ‘x86’.

Here’s a reference about the exception, and you can also refer to it.

'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 2:00 AM