Is a single blob capped at 500 requests at any given moment or is the 500 requests a sec stacking? RRS feed

• Question

• From Dan Kirkham @herecydev via Twitter

@AzureSupport Reading the azure docs.. Is a single blob capped at 500 requests at any given moment or is the 500 requests a sec stacking?

azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/document… I'm after knowing, given a 1GB block blob, how many concurrent clients could be downloading this.

@AzureSupport provided customer this documentation: aka.ms/d918058

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to contain the information I'm after.The clients in this example are only reading from the blob. I'm just looking for the maximum number of clients that can download that blob concurrently

https://twitter.com/herecydev/status/690885990479740929

Thanks,

@AzureSupport

Saturday, January 23, 2016 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

It is correct that a single blob supports up to 500 requests per second. If you have multiple clients that need to read the same blob and you might exceed these limits, you should consider using a CDN for distributing the blob. You can read or write to a single blob at up to a maximum of 60 MB/second (this is approximately 480 Mbps which exceeds the capabilities of many client side networks (including the physical NIC on the client device).

Regards,
    Malar.

Sunday, January 24, 2016 10:29 AM