none
visual studio vb 2010 runtime disable during running...

Question

• Hello,

1. i am using vb.net 2010...i have writing so many coding in it's..

2. Once i start runtime ,it is running well but after 12hours or 15hours etc...the runtime closed automatically...

3. i don't know why it is closed....

4. Can you give me a solution and explain me...

Regards,

Rajkumar 

Friday, November 27, 2015 2:05 AM

Answers

• Hi rajmvr88,

Do you mean the VS2010 will be closed automatically after working 12 or 15 hours?

Please try to run "devenv.exe  /log <full path to log file>" to generate log file when you operate your Visual Studio first. It will generate a log file named ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio. Please check this file whether there has any error information about this problem.

Then please try with following steps to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Please check the CPU and Memory on your computer, whether they are in high occupancy rate when Visual Studio closed.
    2. Run Visual Studio as administrator.
    3. Run Visual Studio 2015 in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    4. Close all third part software when running Visual Studio, such as antivirus software.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, November 30, 2015 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi rajmvr88,

Do you mean the VS2010 will be closed automatically after working 12 or 15 hours?

Please try to run "devenv.exe  /log <full path to log file>" to generate log file when you operate your Visual Studio first. It will generate a log file named ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio. Please check this file whether there has any error information about this problem.

Then please try with following steps to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Please check the CPU and Memory on your computer, whether they are in high occupancy rate when Visual Studio closed.
    2. Run Visual Studio as administrator.
    3. Run Visual Studio 2015 in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    4. Close all third part software when running Visual Studio, such as antivirus software.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, November 30, 2015 5:24 AM
  • Hi weiwei,

i will try your following suggestion.

Thank you very much...

Best Regards,

raj...

Monday, November 30, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Hi rajmvr88,

After try the suggestions, please tell us the result. If that don't resolve the problem, we will based on the result to troubleshoot this problem. If some of them resolve the problem, please mark the helpful reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, December 01, 2015 1:23 AM