Installing LOB apps without Powershell or Intune? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Intune allows users to install LOB apps without running PowerShell... Does anyone know what APIs or how it is doing that?  I would like to create an update process for our LOB app so that it can self-update or (worst case) be a few clicks away from updating via a second "Company portal" type store... Intune doesn't have documented support for app update or app deep linking so I have to look outside of that tool to meet my clients design goals.

So ya, how does Intune install apps and still be just a modern UI app itself?

Thanks

Josh

Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hi JoshWin8Dev,

This post would be better answered in the Intune forums. There will be more knowledgeable users in that forum who may be able to answer your questions about Intune. Intune is more of a device management software rather than app deployment. If you have other questions about publishing apps to the store this would be the correct forum for those types of questions.

Without knowing what your client setup looks like, there is also quite a bit of information on Technet about how to add and remove apps in an enterprise environment using DISM. I hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Jesse

Friday, February 22, 2013 10:00 PM