none
Logic App - when a message is created in servicebus, can number of concurrent instances be limited?

Question

• Hi,

I am doing a POC with CRM online and after a bit of a struggle (normal since this is my first logic app) I finally get rows to be inserted or updated in CRM. It works fine as long as I don´t put a lot of messages in the queue (say more then 1000). When I do (say I put 10 000 messages in queue) the logic app will spin up and receive as many messages as it can, I think it is 1000 concurrent messages per second which gives me a problem that CRM cannot handle that many connections.

Is there a way to limit the number of concurrent instances to say, 50 or 100?

Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:16 AM

Answers

• Hi sqnilu,

I'm assuming that you are using service bus as your queue?

If so, you can use the "When one or more items arrive in a queue". This allows you to define the maximum number of items you can get, and the polling interval, so you can adjust it to your needs:

I hope this helps, Wagner.

• Marked as answer by sqnilu Friday, January 13, 2017 8:41 PM
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:10 PM

All replies

• Hi sqnilu,

I'm assuming that you are using service bus as your queue?

If so, you can use the "When one or more items arrive in a queue". This allows you to define the maximum number of items you can get, and the polling interval, so you can adjust it to your needs:

I hope this helps, Wagner.

• Marked as answer by sqnilu Friday, January 13, 2017 8:41 PM
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:10 PM
  • Thank you very much!
    Friday, January 13, 2017 8:41 PM
  • Hi @WSiliveiraNZ,

I tried this "when one or more messages arrive at queue(auto complete)", but it seems it always get only one message and then trigger the action.

I set the "Maximum message count" to 5, and there is 18 messages in the queue, but the action is triggered 18 times.

• Edited by Yui Zhou Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:32 AM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:31 AM