none
Visual Studio 2015 notification - Update your trial license

Question

• I have license for  Visual Studio .NET and 2005 'Team Edition for Software Developers'   Now I have downloaded and used Visual Studio 2015  for a while it tells me that I have 4 days till expiration of the license.
    I click "Check for updated license" and it tells me "License downloaded successfully", but the warning message stands still? Why is that?

Do I have to order a new license for 2015, hope not.

Thank you!

SMC

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 9:03 AM

Answers

• Hi SMC,

Thank you for your post.

Firstly, What is your VS 2015 edition?( Community , Professional or Enterprise)
    The Visual Studio Community Edition is free, but you have to sign into your Microsoft account to use it more than 30 days

You still need to sign in visual studio 2015 community so that we could use it permanently.
    Go to "https://account.microsoft.com/about" and sign up for an account. It's free. When you complete the process, you can sign into Visual Studio using the same email address.

If you use VS Professional or Enterprise edition, when the license has expired, you still need to enter a product key for further use.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:22 AM