Send Selection to Microsoft Outlook - ERROR RRS feed

• Question

• Environmnet: Win 7 Enterprise v 6.1.7601 SP1 / MS .Net Framework v 4.0.3 / MS Office 2010 / MS Visual Studio v 10.0.3 / Internet Explorer 8

after getting a list of issues in the Team Explorer, I right click and select 'Send Selection to Microsoft Outlook' - I receive the following error 'Team Foundation Error  Error HRESULT E_Fail has been returned from a call to COM component'.  I click OK and am back at VS.

after getting a list of issues in the Team Explorer, I right click and select 'Send Selection to Microsoft Excel' - I receive the following error 'TF84040 There was a problem creating the document' - I click OK and see a blank spreadsheet. 

These may or may not be related but I'm not sure whom to contact.  I hope someone can anser or direct me.

NOTE: All functions including these, worked fine for the last 2 months and last week stopped working.  I suspect a server change but have no way to know.  I re-installed VS with NO affect. 

Thanks, Jerry

Jerry
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hello Jerry,

Thanks for your post.

To deal with your issue, please remove the cache on your side to see if the same issue persists.

Suppose you are using TFS2010, please go to C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\3.0\Cache, and delete the Cache folder.

Please also take a look at this article for further information about how to refresh the data caches on the client computers:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc716728.aspx

I hope it can help you. If you still have anything unclear, welcome back.

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 23, 2011 5:31 AM
  • Deleting the cache worked. 

Thanks very much for the HELP!  It is appreciated.

Jerry

Jerry
    Monday, May 23, 2011 4:27 PM

All replies

• Environmnet: Win 7 Enterprise v 6.1.7601 SP1 / MS .Net Framework v 4.0.3 / MS Office 2010 / MS Visual Studio v 10.0.3 / Internet Explorer 8

after getting a list of issues in the Team Explorer, I right click and select 'Send Selection to Microsoft Outlook' - I receive the following error 'Team Foundation Error  Error HRESULT E_Fail has been returned from a call to COM component'.  I click OK and am back at VS.

after getting a list of issues in the Team Explorer, I right click and select 'Send Selection to Microsoft Excel' - I receive the following error 'TF84040 There was a problem creating the document' - I click OK and see a blank spreadsheet. 

These may or may not be related but I'm not sure whom to contact.  I hope someone can anser or direct me.

NOTE: All functions including these, worked fine for the last 2 months and last week stopped working.  I suspect a server change but have no way to know.  I re-installed VS with NO affect. 

Thanks, Jerry

Jerry
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:50 PM
  • Hello Jerry,

Thanks for your post.

To deal with your issue, please remove the cache on your side to see if the same issue persists.

Suppose you are using TFS2010, please go to C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\3.0\Cache, and delete the Cache folder.

Please also take a look at this article for further information about how to refresh the data caches on the client computers:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc716728.aspx

I hope it can help you. If you still have anything unclear, welcome back.

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 23, 2011 5:31 AM
  • Deleting the cache worked. 

Thanks very much for the HELP!  It is appreciated.

Jerry

Jerry
    Monday, May 23, 2011 4:27 PM