none
Can I set a ISF file into a word/ppt/excel file? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all:

Can office file compatible the InkSerializedFormat(ISF) file?

I want to write binary data(ISF) into Office file without parsing it, is it possible?

Or save the ISF to Html/XML, then write the  Html/XML into office file?

Does anyone know a good resolution?

Thanks

Emily

Monday, May 11, 2015 10:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Emily,

>>Can office file compatible the InkSerializedFormat(ISF) file? <<

As far as I know, Word application doesn't support ISF file. You can get more detail about the file formats supported in Word 2013 from link below:
    File format reference for Word 2013, PowerPoint 2013, and Excel 2013

>>I want to write binary data(ISF) into Office file without parsing it, is it possible?

Or save the ISF to Html/XML, then write the  Html/XML into office file? <<

Did you mean insert the ISF file into Word document? If I understood correctly, we can use InlinShapes.AddOleObjects to insert a file. And here is a sample for your reference:

Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="Package", FileName:= _
            "C:\test.isf", LinkToFile:=False, _
            DisplayAsIcon:=False

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Emily,

>>Can office file compatible the InkSerializedFormat(ISF) file? <<

As far as I know, Word application doesn't support ISF file. You can get more detail about the file formats supported in Word 2013 from link below:
    File format reference for Word 2013, PowerPoint 2013, and Excel 2013

>>I want to write binary data(ISF) into Office file without parsing it, is it possible?

Or save the ISF to Html/XML, then write the  Html/XML into office file? <<

Did you mean insert the ISF file into Word document? If I understood correctly, we can use InlinShapes.AddOleObjects to insert a file. And here is a sample for your reference:

Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="Package", FileName:= _
            "C:\test.isf", LinkToFile:=False, _
            DisplayAsIcon:=False

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:00 AM
  • Hi Fei Xue:

Thank you for your answer. 

Your code works, it will draw a file icon into a word document.

Maybe my question is not clearly, I just want to 'draw' the ISF drawing(InkSerializedFormat in WPF) on the page of office. For example, if user draw a circle with red color, I should show the red circle on the page of word document, then save it.

I want to transfer the ISF to a shape object.

Thanks

Emily

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:59 AM
  • Hi Emily,

I have found that you have reopen a new thread in link below:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/ea01f79c-ec15-4839-b01d-7fa6a6e4ec55/how-to-draw-a-isf-inkserializedformat-in-wpf-on-the-page-of-office-wordexcelppt?forum=officegeneral#ea01f79c-ec15-4839-b01d-7fa6a6e4ec55

Since the orignal issue was fixed, I would colse this thread. And you can follow the new issue in the link above.

Regards & Fei

Monday, May 18, 2015 11:35 AM