none
usb to serial to get phone caller id from voip modem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I had developed an application in c# which that worked just fine. I had connect my netmod isdn via serial cable to my com port in my computer. I was using AT commands to get the phone caller id and represent it on my screen. Yesterday, my phone provider came and changed the netmod to voip modem router. There is no serial port in this device so my c# program is useless.

Can i use a USB to Serial cable adapter to get the phone caller id again like before without making a lot of changes? If the previous answer is negative, can someone tell me how can i upgrade my program to work with USB port? (If it is possible) Should i rewrite everything about COM ports that i had?

I use:

using System.IO;

using System.IO.Ports;

Thank you so much.

EDIT

The new device which my provider replace my previous netmod is VDSL2 Oxygen broadband multigateway

• Edited by Shaidor Tuesday, December 18, 2018 4:49 PM
    Monday, December 17, 2018 8:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Shaidor,

Thanks for posting here.

Which SDK or APIs do you use in your ISDN project? Could you show us some sample code?

Best Regards,

Charles

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 8:17 AM
  • Hi Shaidor,

I think the answer is yes. But you should change your port name while constructing your SerialPort instance. You can refer C# Serial Communication for how to use USB port as SerialPort.

Since I don't have device to test your scenario. So please kindly share the information if you can test this. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Charles

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 1:42 AM